I’m crabby today. I just told my husband he was bugging me. My son is whining next to me. Two of my sons are fighting and the other one keeps demanding that I do this or that for him. I have tried to call a few friends today and have not heard back from them, which is also annoying me. Do I have to beg?
Instead of continuing down this path for the rest of the night hoping for things that are completely out of my control, I decided to make my first “thankful” list of the week. So here it goes… here’s to hoping my mind can shift to better places:
I’m thankful for:
1. A healthy family…even in the midst of Bret’s MS, everyone is relatively healthy and functioning.
2. My husband’s job, especially in this struggling economy.
3. A lovely new home close to school and new friends.
4. being able to curl up under a warm blanket, watch a movie and forget about the world for a while.
5. Good books.
6. Music that stirs my heart, recently the new Snow Patrol or Wolfy. Love them.
7. The turkey I bought at Fresh Market today.
8. Watching my boys play in their “band” as I sit amazed at their deep lyrics.
9. Great friends, who risk saying the hard things and who continue to pursue me.
10. Laughter – from hearing a friend’s laughter on the phone to my own laughter bellowing out of me when I hear my 7 year old son saying: “I want my mojo back.”
Ahh, now I can go back into the kitchen and face my family again… as long as they aren’t bugging me and my friends return my calls. Oh yeah, that’s not the point.
Maybe I should try this again tomorrow.